Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Pain in the Neck: Getting Better - Slowly

So I've been getting asked via numerous channels (twitter, email, in-person) how my neck is and how the Dr. apt went yesterday so here's a quick summary.

The nerve pain in my shoulder/neck area is definitely being lessened by the Prednisone. That was the biggest issue so there is much relief in that.  The Doc was very frustrated at the Insurance company for the exclusion rider on my back/neck/spine and as such didn't order an MRI since most cases of this clear themselves up with time anyway, my last occurrence of this cleared up on it's own too.  He also didn't charge me the full office visit charge, couldn't have, it was less than some co-pays.  Great doctor, if anyone in the Akron/Canton needs an orthopedic doctor hit me up for a recommendation.

It also appears that many, if not all, of the issues I've been having the last few days are side-effects of the Vicoden and Prednisone that are helping my pain.  I've got to say that some of the side-effects are pretty scary, like trembling so bad at times that even typing is difficult.  Knowing it's the drugs helps though. 

Anyone that has been seriously injured/ill knows that the psychological battle is half of it, if you worry yourself it makes it worse.  If nothing else the doc gave me hope that it's going to get better on it's own with just the Prednisone.

So I'm a bit better, pain is less and hopefully the trembling and insomnia will calm down soon.

No comments: